Monday, April 17, 2017

Hooray For Diversification!







Okay guys, I've been listening to Aaron Clarey's podcast today (which you should all subscribe to on iTunes or wherever else he publishes it) and he launched into another rant about diversification in media platforms and income streams. Now that I'm technically self-employed I figure that I need to start taking more of his advice, especially when it's this prescient and good. In the interest of promoting my brand more effectively, as well as giving myself even more work to do, I'm ramping back up my YouTube channel, and I'm starting accounts on Vid.me and Dailymotion. I've tried uploading audio to Minds before, but it didn't work out too well. Maybe they've changed the formula, but for now I think a YouTube, a Vid.me, and a Dailymotion account is good enough of a backup. Not to mention I store and host all my audio on Archive.org, so in the event of a catastrophic failure of massive proportions on YouTube, all the videos that I actually care about having up will be published over on those other two platforms.

I'm also going to be looking into monetization on those two sites once I actually get my YouTube backlog uploaded to them. I'm also thinking about putting adsense on my YouTube channel, but I don't know if it'd be worth it given the immense fuckery going on with YouTube at the moment. But, it is another revenue stream, however small, and that can't hurt, I suppose. I'll give it a think and see where I'm at when I get my channel backed up. In the meantime expect a shitload of videos to be uploaded on Vid.me and Dailymotion, most of them old. I'm going to forego uploading The Scarlet Letter, because I stopped doing the audiobook thing for free when I realized I could get paid for it and never finished that one. If I pick it up again, you'll know, because it'll be up for sale through DimensionBucket Media, and I literally never shut the fuck up about things that I'm selling because that's how I'm trying to make my living now.

I'm also going to be uploading in stages. So I'll start with all my creepypasta narrations, then move on to the audiobook of The Time Machine, then the podcast, then the miscellaneous videos like those two Kaiju Chronicles things I made and never touched again as well as the book reviews and the ads for the Cat Kimbridge books. So be prepared for a lot of old shit that has low sound quality to be uploaded over there for a little while. I'm gonna get caught up as fast as I can, hopefully by the end of the week, so that we can get back on schedule and I can start recording those posts I made while I was convalescing.

Anyways, I hope that you all will join me over on these other platforms, especially Vid.me, because I'm a huge supporter of new social media sites like Minds, Gab, and now Vid.me, and I'd like to get them some publicity. It also helps me out, so that's a party and a bonus. Here's the links so you all can go subscribe or whatever it is they call it on those sites.

Vid.me: https://vid.me/JimFear138

Dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/jimfear138

I'll also be putting them in the social media tab here on the website, so people will be able to find them easier. Thanks for your time, guys, and let's keep this fucking train a-rolling!

No comments :

Post a Comment