Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Cirsova Magazine is Kickstarting Issues #5 & #6

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1161542777/cirsova-2017-s-5-and-6-lovecraft-swords-and-space


EDIT: The kickstarter has been funded! However, if you do have a few dollars to spare, further contributions will help them toward funding for 2018 and beyond. So if you're feeling generous head on over to their page.

(Full Disclosure: I am funding this project myself, and I never contribute to kickstarters. Cirsova Magazine has also not asked for this advertisement, I am doing this because I believe in this project, and I have purchased issues of their magazine in the past and can personally attest that they deliver a quality product that is worth every penny you're able to contribute.) 
Hey everybody, Cirsova Magazine is funding their next two issues! At the time of this writing, they only need about $700 to get everything set up, and they have under a month to get all the funding they need! 

Now I know what you're thinking: Why should I donate? Haven't tons of kickstarters failed in the past due to mismanagement?

Well allow good ol' Uncle Yojimbo to assuage your fears. Cirsova Magazine has run several kickstarters in the past, and I've not heard one whit of complaint about them delivering on their promises. The final product is also quality that you will most definitely not regret contributing to. While I was not able to contribute to their other kickstarters, I have bought issues of their magazine, and I was so blown away by the quality and general level of fun, wonder, heroism, and romance of these stories that I promised to contribute to the next kickstarter they put up. And I have delivered on that promise, and I'm encouraging you to do so as well.

You might notice I've been using the words 'contribute' and 'contribution' instead of 'donate' and 'donation,' and there's a good reason for that. That's because this particular kickstarter gives you a guarantee of definite product if it's fully funded. And if it doesn't get funded, you won't be charged a dime. There's no risk attached whatsoever. But let's take a look at that guarantee of product for a moment.

For $1, that's right, one single American dollar, you get a digital subscription to the two issues this kickstarter will fund. That's two issues of the best damn magazine to come on the scene in the past 10 years. You can't beat that with a fucking stick.

For $12 USD, you get a digital download of both issues, and a physical copy of one of them. Now I don't know whether it's predetermined, or you get to choose, but that's still a pretty damn good deal. I have physical copies of the first two issues, and despite some cover curling that all paperback publications are subject to, they're damn fun to have around and I personally never get tired of the cover art.

For $20 USD, you get digital and softcover issues of #5 & #6. Now if you wait till after the kickstarter when they're actually published, this would run you about $35 not including shipping for the physical editions. 

Now the rest of the deals for the kickstarter are depending on what you're able to spend, but you will absolutely get your money's worth. And given their track record, this is one helluva deal. For the higher tiers they also offer hardcover editions, which I'm very excited to see.

So if you're tired of the bullshit being peddled by inferior publications, fluffy think-pieces disguised as speculative fiction, and stories that just plain aren't fucking fun to read, go fund Cirsova Magazine. You can click on the picture at the top of the post, or find the kickstarter link at the bottom.



Kings of Tara Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

1 comment :

  1. I'm in. I've been backing Cirsova since the beginning, and I'm glad I did. I've had a chance to read some of the authors who will be names to be reckoned with in the Pulp Revolution, and some of the best Science Fiction and Fantasy around today.

    Give Cirsova a look, I don't think you'll regret it.

    ReplyDelete