Sunday, February 21, 2016

Weekly Roundup For Feb. 15-20 2016

Keeping to this schedule isn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Maybe it's because I've been taking the easy way out and publishing pre-recorded stories on Wednesday, but I'd rather do that than try and record with my sinus cavities full of god knows what. In any case, I'm over the cold, so unless something comes up (and it just might, depending) I'll be putting out a new narration this week, most likely Dagon by H. P. Lovecraft.

I'm also going to be working on pre-recording most of The Time Machine so that I can edit that throughout the week, upload the whole thing to Bandcamp, and then upload two chapters a week so that we can finish with the book faster. I'd like to get through more than two or three audiobooks a year, and that seems the best way to do it.

But all that aside, on with the weekly roundup!

First up is The Time Machine by H. G. Wells, Chapter 2, published on the 15th. You can't find this one on Bandcamp, I took it down because I want to upload the entire book as one album that you guys can pay for if you want and get it before it comes out on YouTube.

The Time Machine by H. G. Wells - Chapter 2

Next up is The Holder of Honor. This is another of those Holder stories I narrated about a year and a half ago for Seekers For A Cure, that charity that never panned out. In any case, I've got these to give me some breathing room if something happens to my voice, and that's exactly what I used it for this week.

YouTube: The Holder of Honor
Bandcamp: The Holder of Honor

And finally, of course, there's the weekly podcast. In this edition I take you through some of the moves that I've been making on this side of things, from the trouble with Bandcamp to the trouble with Soundcloud and beyond, and then go over a news article from a (very likely) disreputable source that was still pretty disturbing in its implications.

The JimFear Podcast Ep. 3 - News & News

Apparently my Soundcloud has decided that, since I've gone over the monthly upload time limit of 3 hours, it's hidden the first episode of the podcast. I'll get that fixed within the week.

But until then, thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy the content!

No comments :

Post a Comment